Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Remember - you need two additional sources beyond just your novel. Take a look at some suggestions below.
Possible Search Ideas
Are you writing about theme?
- Consider researching theme by taking a look at a website like THIS ONE
Are you writing about characterization?
- Consider researching characterization by taking a look at a website like THIS ONE
Research the culture or society highlighted in the book:
If you're going to connect this text to another similar text within the same genre, culture or society:
Researching imagery or figurative language?
- Consider researching imager or figurative language by taking a look at a website like THIS ONE
Research a historical time period:
What if you want to look into how the author structured his/her text?
Biographical information of author:
- Take a look at Novelist (log in with 119829+8 digit student ID number)
- Take a look at FCPL's Gale Books and Authors (log in with 119829+8 digit student ID number)
Sparknotes, Cliffsnotes, Shmoop (to cite: Website-->Webpage)
Has the novel been made into a TV show or movie?
- How to cite a movie in NoodleTools: Viewed or Heard Live--> Film or Video Recording
Book Review Websites
School Library Journal
The digital version of School Library Journal. Use the search tool and then use CTRL + F to search your term (book title or author) within an article. Use Website --> Magazine for your NoodleTools citation.
This is a great book recommendation site. If you search your book in the search bar, put the entire title in quotation marks. To cite: Website --> Webpage.
Novelist through Frederick County Public Libraries
This is a book recommendation source through FCPL. Use 119829 + your 8 digit student ID number to access. To cite: Database -->Original Content (OR! If you are quoting from one of the reviews, put in a magazine article and use the provided citation details)